I'm a little bit behind the trend, I know. They seemed to be all the rage last year, but I never got around to making one. To be honest, I had no idea what I would end up doing with it (as opposed to the 101 cross stitches that are hanging on my wall), and there were so many other projects to work on instead.
However, the local Agricultural Show this year has a section for pincushions (a whole section - goodness knows why!) so I decided to have a go.
I made two different ones - one was a blackwork pattern I found on Pinterest that I stitched in purple threads (because why not); the second was my own pattern. I used the Great A'Tuin pattern from my Discworld alphabet and some geometric shapes.
I'm really pleased with how they turned out. I'm going to put together a bit of a how-to guide because I've now discovered there can never be too many biscornu - stay tuned!