The Once Upon A Time Character Alphabet cross stitch is done and dusted.
This is the only project I have worked on all month (apart from designing custom pieces) and it went down to the wire to get it done by the end of March - 10pm Sunday night I finally put it away.
I really enjoyed stitching this pattern and watching the characters come alive. I backstitched them all, and I think that added a whole new dimension to the pattern, unlike some of the other pixel-style people where I've only used backstitch for added detail. I think in future all the pixel-style ones will have backstitch - it defines the characters so much more and makes them 'pop' as one of my American friends would say. The other difference in this one is the use of a lot more half-stitches to give a more curved look to the face and clothing. I think this has also worked really well - the characters don't look as harsh, and have a more 'real' quality to them while still looking cartoon-ish.
The fabric was hand-dyed opalesence evenweave from www.sewitall.com.au. The threads were all DMC.
This was my entry for A Lovely Year of Finishes as well as being my only finish for OPAM for March. I'm just glad it's done! You can read about my start to the project here, and there's an update photo with a close up of a lot of the letters here.
Now I just have to find a frame for it.