Monday 21 March 2016

A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal


It's finally time for the A to Z Challenge Theme reveal!

This year for the challenge, I am going to be cross stitching two of my alphabet patterns, and sharing my progress each day for each letter, as well as any thoughts I have about the character/figure.

The patterns I've chosen are:

The Supernatural Alphabet and

The Pokémon Alphabet.

My choices were based on a number of things
  1. The Pokémon pattern should be fairly easy to stitch in an evening as the figures do not involve any backstitch or fractional stitches - whole stitches all the way.
  2. The Supernatural one has a lot of simple figurines - as in most of the characters are just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, rather than long flowing dresses with several colour changes (like the Amidala patterns) - which also means they should be fairly straight forward stitching-wise.
  3. The Supernatural pattern is a new one to my design catalogue and I haven't had a chance to test-stitch it yet!
  4. I've been living with two of my brothers for the last couple of months.  They are into Supernatural and Pokémon, and I thought these might be good additions to their unit - make it look a little less uni-student-ish
The Pokemon patterns is available from my Etsy Store if you wanted to get your own copy and stitch along.

The Supernatural Alphabet should be up on my Etsy store this weekend.  I was hoping to have it up before today, but I moved house last week (more on that later) and am still waiting for the internet to be connected.  No internet means no new Etsy patterns.  I'm visiting my parents this weekend so will have internet and be able to load the pattern.  Promise.


 The Supernatural pattern and Pokemon patterns - starting phase

I have been cheating a little bit and have already started stitching the alphabets so I don't fall too far behind!

Because I'm a bit of a sucker for punishment, I am also going to be writing a second blog over at Travel Like A Geek.  This is my other blog, where I am planning on sharing various adventures and geek-related travel ideas/plans.  On that blog, my theme is going to be an A to Z travel guide to the locations used in the Harry Potter films.

There's still time to join the A to Z challenge - head on over to www.a-to-zchallenge.com for the details.

I'm looking forward to having you all join me for this crazy ride, visiting your blogs, discovering new friends and like-minded individuals.

Happy stitching!


36 comments:

  1. What an awesome crafty challenge! I LOVE your Supernatural pattern. Can't wait to see the progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm hoping to have the pattern in my shop this weekend, providing nothing goes wrong!

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are my hero, stitching 2 alphabets and blogging a third one; an amazing feat! Definitely looking forward to seeing your progress.
    (I picked your DC comic characters alphabet to stitch for the challenge, really looking forward to starting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant :) Will be following your progress too!

      Delete
  3. Awesome theme. Good luck with the cross stitching. I took a class when I was little and it was a lot of fun, but i don't do it anymore. My one bestie does and for Christmas she cross stitched me a Tardis.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I learnt when I was younger too, but with me it became a bit of an addiction!

      Delete
  4. I haven't decided if you are crazy or a genius...three? OMG! Best of luck and I'll be here encouraging you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices Roslyn. Looking forward to seeing your progress each day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I am impressed - I utterly suck at cross-stitch so I take my hat off to anyone who can do it, let alone that fast! Good luck.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'm going to need it! :)

      Delete
  7. I am looking forward to reading your cross-stitch posts during the A to Z Challenge. If you like other crafts projects or crocheted amigurumi, I'd love for you to follow me through the challenge as well over at http://blog.jhwinter.com. I'll also be posting about writing and illustration, seeing as my theme this year is: Artistic Variety. Good luck with yours and hope to see you in April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! I look forward to your posts ~Lori~

    Lori @ As the Fates Would Have It
    Lori @ Promptly Written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lori :) It's going to be intense but fun!

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  9. This is great! I don't have stitching skills *nor the patience* but I love your choice of patterns. Your HP tour is right up my Diagon Alley. Looking forward to it!

    AtoZ Theme Reveal_EOS
    #TeamDamyanti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha. I *may* have bitten off more than I can chew!
      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  10. What a FUN theme! I do embroidery and I'm always happy to meet another stitcher...especially one with geeky tendencies! I look forward to your posts! Happy Challenge !

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry! Love meeting fellow stitchers :)

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  11. Both your themes sound like super fun! I have great admiration for people who can do beautiful things with threads/yarns. All the very best for a successful A-Z, happy stitching, writing and reading.

    Nilanjana.
    Madly-in-Verse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's going to be a busy month!

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  12. Wow. WOW!!!! I couldn't do this if they gave me a year (and another year to prep, haha)! Kudos, girl! (And no, it's not cheating... People start prepping their A2Z posts way in advance sometimes, like back in Jan or something—and writing is way easier than stitching. Trust me ;) So double kudos to you for being on top of your posts as well!)
    Guilie @ Life In Dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks :) It's going to be intense - I'm nowhere near as ahead as I wanted to be - oh well, who needs sleep?!

      Delete
  13. Wow, this is a huge task! Good luck with it, you must really love stitching :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really do - it's my destresser (although I think it's going to cause more stress than it helps with this month!)

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  14. Wow! I'm gonna have to take a look at those patterns... I am not a Pokémon person, but my SO is, and I do love Supernatural. See you in April! :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    The Multicolored Diary
    MopDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for stopping by! The supernatural one is now listed in my Etsy shop.

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  15. Hey, you are a creative person and I am eagerly waiting to see your April posts. :D Keep up the good work and I hope your work is as awesome as you are.

    The Solitary Writer - A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) It's going to be fun.

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  16. Wow, you are amazing! so creative. I did create a couple cross-stitch patterns of my own back in the day but it was a major effort so I know what goes into your project. Good luck! Gail at Making Life An Art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail :) It is a lot of work, but I love it.

      Ros
      Fangirl Stitches - Cross Stitch Alphabets
      Travel like a Geek - A-Z Tour of Harry Potter Film Locations

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alright, Three blogs? You're a genius!
    I will be trying two blogs this time (second year in the challenge)
    I hope I don't just give up midway. Power to you, Roslyn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to see your AtoZChallenge, it sounds amazing and I'm hoping I'll be able to zoom into the screen enough to see it when it's completed. I'm blogging blessings at http://llmcalling.blogspot.com and also poems about MS at http://mscalling.blogspot.co.uk/p/a-to-z-of-ms.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you are talented! I love the patterns, and if I were doing that, I'd probably start stitching early too. Kuddos to you!

    JEN Garrett at Lexical Creations

    ReplyDelete