Monday 11 April 2016

I - A-Z Cross Stitch Style

I is for Ivysaur and IT Genius

Day 9 of the A to Z challenge is I.  I'm cross stitching two of my alphabet patterns for the challenge - a Pokemon one and a Supernatural one.  Both patterns (plus may others) are available from my Etsy store.  

The Pokemon Alphabet
I is for Ivysaur, Bulbasaur's first evolution.  Unlike the other starter Pokemon (where the third evolution was used) I'm stitching the middle evolution - mostly because it starts with I!  As a plant-based Pokemon, Ivysaur was very useful against water-type (which is the first gym) so a good one to start with... although it wasn't much good once you started reaching fire/lightning Pokemon.

The Supernatural Alphabet
 I'm slightly cheating here, with I standing for the IT Genius, Ash.  This isn't going to be the last one I cheat with either.  Ash, with his sleeveless plaid shirts and 80s mullet, didn't look like much of a character when he was first introduced, however it wasn't long before his computer knowledge was helping save the world... although it did for him in the end.  This show is a bit like Game of Thrones - everyone dies (including the lead characters) - just not everyone stays dead.  Ash's appearance in the levels/rooms/stages of heaven was brilliant.


Over at Travel Like A Geek I am working my way through an A-Z of the filming locations used in the Harry Potter series. For "I" we're looking for the portkey.

Happy Stitching

Ros

No comments:

Post a Comment